What can/can’t I buy?

  • Approved Purchases
    • Food for open meetings
    • Supplies for open meetings
    • Event rentals
    • Event vendors/performances
    • $50 of food for a general body meeting each month
  • Prohibited Purchases
    • Clothes (from general account)
    • Alcohol, or Alcohol related item (flasks, shot glasses)
    • Supplies for inclusive meetings
    • Loans
    • Personal use

How do I get a performer for an event? (Example: D.J, Lecture, concerts)

  • Contact the Office of Campus Involvement before making any plans to make sure that the performer is approved
  • A Standard University Contract must be completed, signed by the performer, and a Rutgers Camden Student Affairs Administrator
  • After the contract is completed, the check request process can be carried out

How do I request food or catering for an event?

  • Food/Catering: Approved providers include:
    • A Little Slice of New York
    • Friends Café
    • Market Street Pizzeria
  • Unapproved vendors may be used, but a certificate of insurance is required. (COI)
    • You can contact the restaurant for this document, they will provide it at no cost
  • Contact the vendor for a quote for the food
  • Request a Certificate of Liability Insurance
  • Bring COI and invoice to SFAO for check processing

Can I use the Rutgers Trademark on custom made products?

  • Gifts/Clothing: Any products that use the Rutgers logo must be purchased through a Rutgers approved licensed vendor
  • List of approved vendors

What do I do if I lose my receipts from a purchase?

  • A lost receipt form must be completed and sent to the Student Fund Accounting Office. They can be picked up in office or found on the Forms tab